Policy and Strategy
We have significant experience in working closely with local authority clients to develop a bespoke street lighting strategy on which a suite of policy documents can be based.
We have recently worked with two local authorities where we reshaped the scope of the service, specifically to reduce the burden on the revenue budget, and subsequently develop a suite of contract documents based on the new service requirements.
Our approach included:
• a review of the existing maintenance process and contract requirements
• the development of a draft revised scope of service
• preparation of Cabinet papers and presentations to Cabinet Members
• development of a suite of policy documents
• development of a suite of contract documents
• assisting the authority in the contract process through to final award
• provision of a ‘reachback service’ which enabled the authority to call on our services when required.